Sunday, March 1, 2015

wintry mix today

1.  By "wintry mix" our DC Weatherbug usually means snow mixed with rain and ice.  It's all of that today.  Just crept out to the recycling bins to drop off old newspapers and plastic bottles--a test run to
see if I could possibly take the soup to my friend's house in GT.  Don't think so.  I got in and out of here OK, but there are no cobblestones here,  as in GT, and there are strong metal railings by our front steps (not present in GT).  So I guess I'll wait till tomorrow, when the temp will be in the 40s--enough to melt much of the ice.  The soup will keep just fine--it's been in the fridge since yesterday.

2.  I welcome this lion-like entry of March.  With luck, it'll go out like a lamb--no sleet, no ice. I remember my first March here, when it was 70F or so on St. Patrick's day!

3.  In the meantime, I've been thinking it might be nice to have a cane with a spike on the tip (to stick
in the ice).  Don't know if they make these things for people who are not going to climb mountains.  All the walking aids I've ever had have tended to trip me up.  Perhaps a geographical move might be
easier, though it's been cold in Florida this year.  No ice, though, right?

4.  Day before yesterday, I was sitting on the couch doing a crossword puzzle, and I drifted off to sleep.  In my dream, I stepped on an icy patch on the sidewalk, and I woke up when I felt myself
falling--off the couch.  argh.  That's a first.

2 comments:

  1. 1. I keep thinking that I need to have wrought-iron railings added to our wide front steps. Of course, the steps slope away from the house (for drainage) which makes ice more treacherous.
    3. Really? You think it's easier to move than to get a spiked pole? *laughing*
    4. Did you really fall off of the couch? If so, were you injured? (I certainly hope not!)
    Cop Car

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha....moving is NOT easier than getting a spiked pole. no way. i did not fall off the couch....i just jumped when I felt the sensation. sounds like you could use some wrought-iron railings for your front steps, especially if they slope away from the house. how's the skating going? Do you still hear from your two young guardians??


    ReplyDelete