Saturday, February 28, 2015

Soup weather....

1.  B'rer Paul and his wonderful wife are lots better than they were a week ago.  Paul's home (had angina attack, not heart attack), and Gert (age 93) has been bowling again!  She needs her sports!! 

2.  Friend Jesse fell and broke her leg in two places--YOWCH!  Home tmw, and I've got a batch
of that celery soup with bacon & croutons ready to take over.

3.  Good news on soup front:  all the stores are busting out with celery & leeks!  and TJs has a great little package of applewood smoked bacon ends and pieces for just $2.99.  I know Zingerman's Nueske's bacon is on sale for $6 off per pound (rounding out to $11/pound).  But this stuff from TJs tastes very similar, and there's no shipping charge (unless you count the bus fare for the cook).  Chop chop chop....I do love making this soup!! I just hope everyone stays well for a while so I can eat it all myself!!  Celery is GOOD for you.
 

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever had celery soup. I will have to try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have that recipe??? It's the "most wanted" recipe from the January issue of Food & Wine magazine. this recipe is vegetarian, save for the bacon & croutons garnish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food & Wine celery leek soup is one of the best, ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yas, who knew??? it is fabulous!! and try making the homemade lemon oil!! fantastaic!!

      Delete