Friday, March 13, 2015

thank god it's friday music only once a week!

1.  Cop Car's blog is featuring "bonaparte's retreat" today--and I have NEVER HEARD IT BEFORE.  She also says that she is not allowed to sing in the car or in the house when anyone else can hear her.  HMPH! 

2.  When they were very small, my NJ grandchildren always said "NO SING-GING" when I struck up a tune.  I did like to sing around the house, but I abstained there, at least.  I don't sing much around the house now because I live across the hall from a professional singer (Little Margie Clark).  I do sing on the way to and from the metro station.  My favorites recently:

3.  "Green Green" by the New Christie Minstrels <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jom1n67_QOY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> and

4.  "Ain't no sunshine when she's gone" by Bill Withers (....<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tIdIqbv7SPo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3 comments:

  1. cop car, I tried to link your blog here. dint work. so sorry. will keep on trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't lose sleep over it, XE; but, thanks for the thought. Isn't it funny how we heard different songs as youths? I had never heard the song in your next (cabbage) posting!
      CC

      Delete
  2. "No SING-GING"?? lol. How weird. They wouldn't let their Dad dance either...

    ReplyDelete