Sunday, January 18, 2015

Goin to the Movies....

1. It's Sunday, raining, middle o'January....some folks are thinking this be a good day to go to the movies.

2.  Called one of my offspring to ask what movie she & her husband saw recently.  I think it had the word violence or explosion in the title.  ugh.

3.  Asked her who was in it?  (silence)  "I LOVE that director (whoever it was)."  Too much thinking for me.  I love Ingmar Bergman's movies because of Liv Ullman or Erland Josephson.  Ingmar isn't in the flick. 

4.  Asked her if there were any women in the movie?  (Jessica....).  Sorry. I do not walk across the street for anything without Judi Dench or Meryl Streep or Melissa McCarthy or...who's that other one?  Amy Adams. or any French actress.
 
5.  It costs about $20 to see a movie (matinee/senior citizen tix) plus popcorn & diet coke (large, shared).  I am adding that amount to my little bank.  If I do that ten times, and don't spend any of it,
i can buy a new laptop and get rid of this keepsake.  Yaayyy!

5 comments:

  1. Recommended movie : The Imitation Game.
    About Alan Turing at Bletchley Park. Keira Knightley plays Joan Clarke, a brilliant female codebreaker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second recommendation for this one. And you, bless you, have included the female lead!! I can go to this and think of you and Cop Car doing your wizardly coding things and be highly entertained!! Thanks so much, Stuart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only coding I do is Morse! *laughing* Thanks for thinking of me, though.
    CC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try again.......your Sr. movie rate is outrageous -- must be the part of the country in which you live.

      I, too, enjoyed The Imitation Game. I look forward to viewing Still Alice with Julianne Moore in the near future.

      Delete
    2. Joared..everything is $7 here, not just movie tix for seniors. it's very expensive here compared with other places, but I'm not about to move to
      save money. That's a trap!

      I also want to see "Still Alice," but most of my friends are afraid to look. One of my best friends died from Alzheimers two years ago, and that seems so incomprehensible to me, I'd like to see how it works. It runs in her family, and you wouldn't believe such brilliant, talented women could be struck down like this. Guess I'll go by myself and get it over with.

      Delete