Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Check the volume first!

1.  I've been opening my junk e-mails so i can go down to the small print where it says  "UNSUBSCRIBE".

2.  So today, I clicked one, and all of a sudden, I hear this jazzy music.  wondered if it's my cell phone, whose sound I have not yet been able to identify. Looked around, didn't see it (it's in your POCKET, dear), then a voice breaks through the crappy tune and announces for all my building
to hear:

3.  HI...THIS IS _____ _____, INTERNATIONAL LOVE COACH....

4.  Gaaah!!  This ad is something that has snuck into my EFT newsletter.  I do not want or need an international (or just national) love coach.  But now my whole building has been treated to this
announcement because I didn't check the volume on my macintosh keepsake/laptop.  So I turn the sound down and off.  

5.  Then...I go out to move my laundry from the washer to the dryer.  One of the building's
eligible bachelors (i.e., male, walking upright) is sitting on the steps outside my
door to watch for the mail delivery.  He looks at his nails carefully as I walk past him.  Not to worry, Mr. _____. 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the laugh. Being down with a cold, I can use one!
    Cop Car

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think anyone actually needs a love coach, do they? International or national... or even municipal....

    ReplyDelete
  3. E-mail that makes noise! I can't close them down fast enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think that's really, really odd. Not in my little world--maybe I do not subscribe to the right stuff to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I subscribe to all kinds of new agey things, EFT being one of them--and I do love EFT!! But their ads are wacky. Just goes to show you how many people in this world do not have what you and Ron do. and how they will try anything to bring it about. peace to all!!

    ReplyDelete