Thursday, February 19, 2015

Giving Up FaceBook for Lent

1. One of my grandnieces was inspired to give up FB for Lent, and then one of my kids said that she's abstained from FB for a good part of the year for 3 years now.  I found that inspiring!  So, I'm gonna do it, too!!  46 days off! 

2.  I haven't gotten the hang of FaceBookese, anyway.  All kids are "cute," "adorable," "precious," "brilliant," etc., but what do you say when all of those adjectives have been taken in any one post on any one kid? Within the past week, etc.  

3.  Lots of people appear to be rooting in their old photo albums to find more
comely photos of themselves in the past to decorate their FB pages.  OK...we all looked YOUNGER at one time, and for some of us, that means we looked skinnier and less wrinkly.  I don't think skinnier or less wrinkly is necessarily a better way to look than we do now.  (Ms. Wrinkle City talking here....)

4.  Seems like we just get so we can relate to our children, who have had their loathsome moments, and bingo!  there's grandchildren--all cute, adorable, & brilliant--even more appealing than the children, who used to be skinnier and less wrinkly.  If you live long enough, though, the grandchildren will manifest a few bumps and scrapes, too. Then, if you're lucky, there's great-grandchildren.  The g-g-cs are swell.  Brand new!!  What's not to like?? 

5.  Well, Happy Lent, all.  You won't have me cluttering Face Book with my sour mug til after Easter.  Enjoy!!





2 comments:

  1. In response to #2, I'd be tempted to write something to the effect that, "I love the way she wrinkles her nose" or whatever.
    Cop Car
    P.S. Hunky Husband and I have an ongoing dispute. He contends that all babies are beautiful - even the 5.3# one that we held a week ago who rivaled one of our own kids (when she was a baby) for title of Little Miss Ugly Baby. I'm not saying they aren't cute, but beauty must truly be in the eye of the beholder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is your talent for commenting coming out. what a good idea! i'll go for the specifics, of which there are many!

    ReplyDelete