Friday, February 13, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day

1.  Coming up from the cold/flu fog, thanks to lots of rest and a big order of curry lakhsa that fed & warmed me over two days.  tonight?  I'll order in some pizza, maybe. 

2.  The outside temperature is not so low on the thermometer--16F--and the sun is shining bright, but it feels like 2F cuz of the wind.  Having grown up in Fargo,  my mind says this really isn't cold, but my body disagrees.

3.  Tomorrow is St. Valentine's Day. Not enough time to mail anything.  So...Happy Valentine's Day to all who read this! 

4.  Where has Google.com gone?  I used to be able to look things up, like "Who was St. Valentine?" on Google.com, but now I get Amazon.com.  Don't want to buy a book about St. V,  just find out about him.  Was he a Roman soldier, a martyr (probably)?  And why did the Church dump him from the calendar?? 

5.  So the Pope now says not having children is selfish!  Whatever happened to "Who am I to judge?"

4 comments:

  1. P.S. Just watched "Fawlty Towers" for the first time last night on
    DVD.

    Fawlty encounters his wife at the hotel desk, and he kisses his wife on the cheek. She says "What are you doing?"
    "Kissing you, dear," he says.
    "Please don't," she says.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are dumping the cold/flu/whatever you had. My bug was just a common cold - thankfully!

    The Pope is nuts on the issue of it's being selfish to not have children. IMO it is selfish to HAVE children...and dogs...and cats...and other critters that we keep just for fun.

    Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!!
    Cop Car

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree with you, Cop Car!! He's casting about to find the right approach (did you see the one about couples don't need to breed like rabbits?). Yes, I am feeling better, mirabile dictu!! Are you watching Downton Abbey? (haha....I am imagining your response to this)

      Delete
  3. Yes, as a matter of fact, I did watch "Downton Abbey" last evening. I like it and "Doc Martin" (or whatever its real name is.) About a year ago I sampled, but did not stick with, "The Emporium" (or, again, whatever its real name is) and some other similar program.
    CC
    P.S. I did like the rabbit quote.

    ReplyDelete