Thursday, January 21, 2016

BLIZZARD!!

!  Pepco (local power outfit) has called me to warn me about power outages, and wot to do, etc.  I am touched, but holy crap..... nobody ever called us in Fargo, ND, and told us wot to do when  we had REAL blizzards.  Everyone is totally excited about this "blizzard" coming.  I forget that where I live now is the SOUTH.  Not to sound snarky, but they don't know wot a BLIZZARD is.  They think of it as a big snowstorm.  They have never experienced the bitter cold, and they have never gone outside to play in such a storm, and built snow forts, where the temperature inside is less than freezing. I love my life, I love my childhood...and here I am in the City of Satan.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about blizzards since I spent many of my early years navigating the Great Lakes winters' cold, snow and ice. Everything is relative I guess. My dtr lives in an area south of D.C. where the city is ill-prepared to cope with much snow, so becomes paralyzed with even small amounts, much less the recent over two feet they received, she reports. Important thing wherever is that the power stays on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the weather channel, yesterday, they showed a photo that had been sent in by a viewer, titled, "Whiteout". It was anything, but. One could see a barn and trees in the photo!
    Cop Car

    ReplyDelete