Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Oh, Bleep!

One more "MUST READ" email at the top of my inbox today.  yes, I agree that we Progressives should do all we can to bollix the Republican juggernaut that's about to roll over our health care--eliminate it, I mean--and so I sign the petition, agree that the Abominable Orangeman & Henchpersons in the Congress are the pits, but then I get the stern warning that I "have not contributed" to this noble cause.  Contributed money, that is.  Well.  How bout that?  Having contributed $5s and $3s and other amounts for the past year or so to Democrats and their causes, I am busted.  I did see earlier today that Bernie Sanders did share some of his loot so somebody else could win his campaign, but I haven't seen any other sharing going on, have I?  Maybe I've missed it. 

I have done my duty by buying their T-shirts and buttons and wearing them in public here, and believe me, it hasn't been easy.  The only people who seem to be heartened by this are not the glowering Red State tourists crowing the metros and sidewalks here.  I got on the metro one day wearing my "Still she persisted" shirt and realized I was in a car with a whole bunch of Boy Scout leaders from a Red State.  I felt lucky not to be challenged, so I smiled at them. 

Heaven help us all.  God bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment