Saturday, January 14, 2017

Resolutions?

Trying to organize my New Year's Resolutions.  I've never made any in my 80+ years on the planet. But I've been inspired by Emilie Johnson's blog.  Her parents sat her and her 7 siblings down every year and helped them consider their lives in 5 areas:

1. spiritual
2. physical
3. academic
4. music/art
5. emotional

In her most recent post from France, she talks about what she'd like to do this year, and
I've adapted some of her suggestions to my own life:

1. spend time outside every day.
2. listen to music.
3. read actual magazines and newspapers in addition to print books (because of our wonderful library here, I can do this without having to buy these things).
4. work on my Spanish (She said her French, as she is already fluent in French.  I know a tiny bit, but I want to get more into Spanish, since there are so many people here who speak it--and there are
free Spanish newspapers at the metro stop).
5. eat less, but more really good food
6. formalize my creative projects (hoo boy)
7. call friends more often. (oy)
8. travel
9. be mindful and never let the local beauty go unremarked/unappreciated.

It's now 10 a.m. or so, and I started this just after 7 a.m.  so...there's work to do.....

2 comments:

  1. Some very worthwhile suggestions here. I'm with you on all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Shammy.....thanks for stopping by!! I especially like the "eat less but more really good food"--that has inspired me to cook more.

    ReplyDelete