Thursday, December 11, 2014

Christmas Decor, 2014

1.  This is IT for my house this year, absent a lovely poinsettia from Cathy and a wreath on my front door from my neighbor Shirley and her family. 
2

2. The tree and lovely decorated letter (framed and hung on the l.r. wall) are from Mary Zdon, my brother Paul's 4th child, and the card to the left is from Katy Gorghuber, my brother John's oldest daughter.  The wee figure of Wallace is a household favorite here. Katy has three grandchildren--Charlotte, age 3, and twins Anna & Hattie (age 2).  

3.  I love to hang up photos and memorabilia on my walls.  In fact, I've been thinking of redoing the walls by adding some cork tiles in every room to make it easy to do this. Scotch tape folded so it's double-sided is fine, but it doesn't always last long. 

4.  I may string up some lights on the rubber plant now that it's off the porch till spring. 

8 comments:

  1. Very lovely and inviting.

    Can I come over? ;)


    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks nice! We got our tree last night but no decorations yet. Cards get addressed tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet the tree'll look fabulous when it's all decorated. I have the photos of our trek to the xmas tree lot in Cambridge (?) years ago. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'twas, and yes, it is now, here in NJ. another world. Christmas is
    for kids, definitely. of whatever age. Are you getting that rain?

    ReplyDelete