Monday, July 8, 2013

Just one of the Reasons Why I Hate Going to the Dentist

Five things:

1.  I have had problem teeth for 70 years.  (I am 76, which means my first six years of having teeth were problem-free.)

2.  Then my baby teeth fell out, and the ones with problems grew in.

3.  When I was about 7, I made my first trip to the dentist one hot summer afternoon, and the dentist's light practically fried my hair.   I was hotter than hell, and my head ached fiercely.

4.  I crawled into bed when I got home for a rest. When my dad came home from work a little later
I told him I had a bad headache and when I got up to go to the bathroom, my head felt as heavy
as a bowling ball--and my neck wouldn't support it.  My mom took my temperature, and it was pretty hot.  So they called the doctor, who came out, examined me, and said I had polio.

5.  So my first visit to the dentist ended up with me riding in an ambulance to the hospital. 

No comments:

Post a Comment