Saturday, March 2, 2013

March 2

Just now getting to this.  Been a busy day.  I'm relying heavily on my favorite blogs today.

1.  Everyday hero!!


2.  Like short stories??

http://www.bookish.com/articles/emma-donoghue-picks-10-favorite-short-story-collections

3.  Lesson #5000:  Follow the recipe!!
I tried to make a chicken dish that starts with chopped garlic and dried tomatoes (NOT the canned kind with the oil),  and the only good thing is the chicken.  My local supermarket did NOT have sundried tomatoes in a package.  It only had them in a jar.  So I thought...what the heck....Wrong, so wrong.

4.  The wine was horrible, too.  Again, lesson 5001, stick with what you know, not with what you remember!

5.  I bought 100 forever first-class stamps today.  I've been out of stamps for a long time.  And I lost them.  Fortunately, someone found them and brought them to me, but what a sinking feeling.  This is typical of what can happen when Mercury goes retrograde.  The challenge will be writing letters to send with these stamps!  I've gotten very lazy about writing letters.  I'll start with my dear friends here, who often send me letters (to which I don't reply in proper form:  on paper with envelopes and stamps, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment